If you are looking for first-person-shooting games (FPS), then check out this list. It contains reviews of online, multiplayer FPS games. These games are entertaining and competitive. See how each one scored in this review.
1. Guns of Boom – Online Shooter (Google Play Store)
Graphics: 3/5 Gameplay: 5/5 Replayability: 5/5 Enjoyability: 4/5
Overall Score: 17/20
This is an online, multiplayer, first-person-shooting (FPS) game. It’s easy to play. Aim at the enemy with the crosshairs. The gun will automatically fire. Hide around corners to ambush enemies.
The battles are team death matches, where two teams kill each other until the timer reaches zero. To play the game, use the on-screen touch joystick to move around and swipe or rub the screen to look around. This is one of the best fps games for smartphones.
What’s good about this game? Cool levels and autofire
What’s wrong with this game? The player can’t fire the weapon randomly while waiting.
2. Critical Ops (Google Play Store)
Graphics: 5/5 Gameplay: 5/5 Replayability: 5/5 Enjoyability: 5/5
Overall Score: 20/20
This is a FPS for smartphones. It’s very good. It received a perfect score. The design is clean and sharp. To play it, use the touchscreen to move and look. The right side is for moving and the left side is for panning the camera. Jump over obstacles and crouch next to walls. Press the fire button (bullseye icon) to shoot enemies.
There are several online modes including Deathmatch, Defuse, and Gun Game. There are lots of weapons including pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, and knives. There are several levels that take place in different environments including a brewery, the headquarters for an organization, and a city surrounded by canals and waterways.
What’s good about this game? Awesome levels and menu design, along with fast-reacting FPS action
What’s wrong with this game? While swiping the screen to look around, you might hit the fire button causing the weapon to fire accidentally.
3. Standoff 2 (Google Play Store)
Graphics: 4/5 Gameplay: 5/5 Replayability: 4/5 Enjoyability: 5/5
Overall Score: 18/20
This FPS game is designed well. It has lots of on-screen elements including a creative weapon selection UI. Press and hold the weapon icon to reveal a side arm, rifle, and knife. Select the weapon you want by sliding your finger over the weapon.
You can crouch around corners and zoom-in on targets. The best way to play is to move quickly and fire rapidly using an assault rifle. You can also find a hiding spot and wait for enemies to run in front of your path. There are several game modes including Team Deathmatch, Diffuse, and Arms Race.
What’s good about this game? Realistic gunfire noises
What’s wrong with this game? It’s difficult to determine which characters are friendly (teammates) and which are the enemy.
List of Features
Guns of Boom – Online Shooter
- Online multiplayer FPS
- Short tutorial
- Auto fire
- Gun sight view
- First aid
- Pause button
- Control Options – Sensitivity, Invert y-axis; Autofire; Recenter Camera; Camera Acceleration; Aim Assist; Movable Joystick; Double Tap Mapping (Previous Weapon; None; Reload)
- Sound Options – SFX; Music
- Community – Google Play; Facebook; Streaming
- Clan chat
- Create clan
- Apply to clan
- Unlockable weapons
- Arsenal Store – Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Machine Guns, Pistols, Masks, Skins, Costumes, Insignias, etc.
- Mail – News; Notifications
- Personal rankings and clan rankings
- Youtube videos
- Online multiplayer FPS
- The tutorial is well-designed.
- Daily missions
- Custom Games (Quick Games) – Defuse; Deathmatch; Gun Game
- Ranked Games – Unlock this mode by killing 250 players in Quick Games
- Several levels – Brewery, Bureau, Canals, Grounded, Legacy, Plaza
- Join room, random assign, or host
- When joining game, there’s an option to randomly select team
- Spectate mode – view level through other players as they play
- Select weapons before entering match
- On-screen Features – map; chat; pause button; joystick pad (invisible – touch left side of screen); pan camera function (invisible – rub or swipe right side of screen); fire button; timer; kill count; kill ticker; health count; reload button; ammo count; gun sight view button; crouch button; jump button;
- Store – Cases and Credits
- Loadout – Pistols, Submachine Guns, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Knives
- Social – Friends, Create Clan, News
- Chat – Friends, Clan, Party
- Invite players to Party
- Settings – Language; Framerate; Aim Sensitivity (x,y-axis); Aim Acceleration; Edit Touch Controls; Dynamic Movement Pad; Graphics (screen scale; level of detail; shader level of detail; texture quality; anti-aliasing; animation quality; tracers; particles; environmental particles); Audio (master volume; audio; ambient audio)
- Online multiplayer FPS
- Game Modes – Team Deathmatch; Diffuse; Arms Race
- Friends Options – Create Lobby; Find Friends; Requests; Blocked List
- Inventory – Origin Box (weapon skins)
- Settings – Game Regions (USA East, USA West, Europe, Russia, South America, Asia); FPS Counter; View Arms and Weapons; Social Media Websites (Facebook, Twitter, VK); Video Settings (shader; texture; model; effect; anisotropic filtering); Controls (sensitivity; scope sensitivity; acceleration; jump – double tap or button control; joystick – free touch, fixed, or floating; fire button; crosshair options – color and shape; button customization – move icons around screen); Audio (master volume)
- On-screen features (pause button; level radar map; chat, health bar, timer, kill counter, player stats; kill ticker; weapon selection – press and hold gun icon to display weapons; crouch button; fire button; ammo counter)