After your download this free app, you will need to create an account , username, and setup your phone number. After that is done, then the fun begins. There is quite a bit to the app and you will want to spend some time setting it up and getting familiar with where everything is located.
From what I have seen, MEKS is its own social network, sort of a combination of Twitter and Facebook. In the app you will have your own username and feed like Twitter, plus you can follow and have followers. You can add events, invite folks to it, add photos and videos, and finally like items similar to Facebook. To make this app effective and useful you will want to get your friends involved. After testing the app a while, it should not be to hard.
The app’s layout is clean and bright and allows you to access your stuff via numerous ways. The main sections which most will use are:
- Feeds– Here is where your MEKS feed is located. You can post text and images, events and your own Twitter feed.
- Messages – Here is where you can message (text) your friends.
- Events – A listing of all events, yours and those you are invited to.
- Photos – A nice gallery of photos: yours, friends, followers, and those you follow.
- Videos -A listing of videos: yours, friends, followers, and those you follow.
- Camera -Links directly to your camera making it easy to take photos on the run.
Users have the ability to customize the app some but more importantly, they can set the privacy settings for all of the items above. I was very happy to see that the app allows you to determine how much information others can see, which is very important in today’s digital world. There is a short Help Center for those that need a quick overview.
Overall I found the app easy to use, once I set up my account. The user interface is straight forward and one can easily move from section to section. Those that are heavy social networkers should find this app useful. From the App Store page, the developer indicated that there is more to come so it will interesting to see how MEKS develops.