I am happy to announce that Agricola has been launched on Steam and on Google Play! If you have been following my site, you will know that this game has been a favorite on my iPad for years!
Agricola, from developer Playdek, is an awesome Euro worker placement game that has, until just recently, been only available on iOS. Now “Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small” has been out for some time on all platforms but that is from a different developer. That game is fun to play but for me I have been waiting for the full Agricola to come out on Android. I recently purchase the offline version of Agricola, Family Edition to help teach my family about the game.
Since I have covered this game before, I will not go into too much details. Overall I am very pleased with the game and look forward to hopefully seeing a few things added down the line.
If you look at the reviews on Steam, you will see they are somewhat negative. Now if you compare the iOS version with this version, yes there are a number of differences.
So what are differences?
- No in-game store to purchase additional cards
- Rules somewhat updated based on the 2016 update
- Online play? (I have not played online yet so I cannot confirm this)
But what is the same?
- Developer Playdek working with Asmodee
- Amazing graphics and soundtrack
- Helpful tutorials, card gallery, rulebook
- Ability to save games, create profiles
- Works well on small screen
If you are a fan of Agricola and have been wanting the original ported to Android, well it is here and worth the $5 USD. Enjoy