My family loves Netflix. The kids really enjoy watching the old TV shows and movies, I used to watch as a kid. Overall Netflix is pretty good. I must admit though there is a lot of movies there I do not think my kids need to see.
I recently was given a gift subscription to SpiritClips. SpiritClips is from Hallmark, you can find it at http://www.hallmarkspiritclips.com. SpiritClips is accessible online or via
stream-to-tv devices like the Roku, Android devices, and through a newly launched iOS app.
Here is some more details from their fact sheet:
SpiritClips from Hallmark is a subscription streaming video service that offers heartwarming films for the whole family including handpicked Hollywood feature films, Hallmark Hall of Fame® movies, original shorts, and compelling series and documentaries. Recently purchased by Hallmark Cards, Inc, the SpiritClips service gives people of all ages a place to be entertained, motivated and inspired. Originally founded in 2007 by Academy-award winning producer, Rob Fried, SpiritClips boasts an uplifting library of content that includes contributions from partners such as Miramax, Sony Pictures, Bud Greenspan Olympics, and many others. Visit www.hallmarkspirticlips.com for more details.
- Curated entertainment provides viewers of all ages with an uplifting and heartwarming experience.
- Exclusive online provider of the highly acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame® movies.
- Handpicked Hollywood classics including A League of Their Own, Big Fish, Life is
- Beautiful, Good Will Hunting and more!
- Simple user-friendly experience makes it easy to find perfect films for your family.
- Kid-friendly classics like Milo and Otis, Open Season etc.
- Dove Foundation certified and approved original shorts, series and documentaries.
SpiritClips will never feature a film, which contains:
- R rating
- Excessive violence, language, or nudity
- Political agendas
- Divisive social issues.
Users can enjoy SpiritClips via smartphone, mobile tablets, online and stream-to-tv on devices including Roku, Boxee, GoogleTV, SamsungTV, and NeoTV.Sign up for a 1 Week Free Trial to subscribe for $4.99 per month or $35.99 annually.
Well after browsing and watching a few movies, I was impressed with the service. The only complaint I had is that I found it hard to find anything. They have a lot of movies but I would like to see them broken up more, maybe more Netflix like? They do have trial and monthly plans so you can try out before you make a major commitment. If you are looking for an alternative movie network, then SpiritClips might be what you are looking for.