So are you a musician? Did you get some new instruments for Christmas? Well today’s app is for you.
Hum a Hit is a new premium app in the App Store. The bottom line for this app is that it is a dictaphone for musical ideas. The app allows users to sing, hum, play, and record their musical ideas on the go. The developer indicates that the app is not done and is going to be updated regularly.
Some of the key features:
- Converts your voice into realistic instruments
- Instruments include: 2 guitars, bass, 2 synths, piano and a mic mode
- Built-in recorder allows you to record your musical ideas
- Built in Multitrack Sequencer allows to to record elaborate ideas one track at a time
- Note playback allows users to view created parts on a keyboard in realtime
- Concepts can be saved and exported to other compatible programs as well as e-mailed from within the app.
- Compatible with headphone and microphone accessories, including the iRig Mic for high quality recording.
- Tempo control, allowing users to speed up or slow down the BPM
The app layout and controls are pretty standard and easy to use. When you open the app, you will be prompted to either load or start a new project. As you setup a project you can select from a number of instruments to use for your projects (guitars, bass, synths, piano). The app comes with a metronome which provides you with a precise rhythm to begin your project on.
As you record projects, you can have multiple tracks available to listen to. With each project you can adjust the pan (left or right) and the volume.
I am not a musician so I really cannot appreciate this app. From what I have seen and tried the app is easy to use and definitely can be useful to those musicians that are working on new projects or have lots of ideas that they want to record, test, and share with others.