Today I am looking at an app called BiorhythmΩ.
Before I get into the app, what exactly is biorhythm. The word is from Greek word – bios, (life) and rhuthmos, (“any regular recurring motion, rhythm) and it is an attempt to predict various aspects of a person’s life through simple mathematical cycles. The theory was developed by Wilhelm Fliess in the late 19th century, and was popularized in the United States in late 1970s. (Wikipedia) Personally I have not put much into it but a lot of people have.
The main focus of this app is to provide you with your daily biorhythm reading, so you can see where you stand on things. The four areas it measure are: (d = number of days of living)
- Physical rhythm: sin (2π d / 23)
- Emotional rhythm: sin (2π d / 28)
- Intellectual rhythm: sin (2π d / 33)
- Intuitive rhythm: sin (2π d / 38)
After you setup the user with their name and birthday, the app provides an easy to read and understand interface, showing you your four areas. Overall the app is easy to use, has a nice interface, and uses colors well to help differentiate the data. Please see the video below to see the interface.
Now the app is broken down into four sections:
- Information – here you can get some background on Biorhythm and how to use the app
- Biorhythm – here the registered user(s) can see his details
- User – where there is a list of user(s) on the app
- Combination where you can calculate the average of two or more users’ biorhythms
This is a paid app, so there are no ads but I believe there is a free version you can try also.
As with an daily type app, the more you use it, the better you will understand it, and and see the patterns. I really do not know much about biorhythms but the app does a nice job of explaining what it covers, and how to interpret the results. Is this an app for you? If you are curious about biorhythms or want an easy to use app for them, then I would say to check it out.