My mom does not have a smartphone because she does not feel comfortable with the new technology. I often speak with my father-in-law about how to do things on his iPhone. For many older adults, the new technology can be tough. In today’s review, I am looking at Chatstasy, anapp to help older adults and even very young users with their smartphone.
Chatstasy is a free app available for both Android and iOS devices (see links below).
The app is designed to clear, easy to use, and easy to see. This app is design for making communications on the smartphone simplier. I found the app to be very easy to setup and navigate. The text is large and the colors appropriately done. The layout is definitely not crowded. Now if you have ever used any calling apps, then you should have no problem setting this up.
So what are some of the key features of the app?
- Large Picture Chat Buttons
- Call an Ambulance – A red Emergency Call button will contact the local ambulance service
- Large Text – Text can be very small on a phone, this make it easier to see things
- Connect Free – You can chat with other users of Chatstasy
- Custom Messages – You can create and save custom messages
- Contact Management – An easy to use contact management app
- Cloud Backups – You can back up your info easily – you will need to purchase a premium account to get this feature.
The app main menu is on the bottom of the screen. From there you can access the setup section, access you list of contacts, access the dial pad, and access your text messages.
I like the idea behind this app. Now if you were going to use this app for either a very young smartphone user or for say your mom or dad, I would recommend that you lend them a hand when getting the app setup. Finding the app in the market, installing it, and then adding the contacts and understanding the features are all probably things they will need help with. Once the app is setup and your parents, etc understand how to use it, I do not see them having any problems.