You don’t have to go to the arcade to play arcade games. Just download a arcade-styled mobile game from the Google Play Store. It’s just like a real arcade game, except it’s on your smartphone. Check out the scores and highlights in the following reviews.
Super Subway Surf Run 2018 (Google Play Store)
Graphics: 3/5 Gameplay: 3/5 Replayability: 3/5 Music/Sound: 3/5
Overall Score: 12/20
In this game, the goal is to avoid obstacles while running through the subway. There’s a cop trying to catch you. Along the way, collect coins. The characters, items, and environment are cartoonish. It’s the perfect arcade game for smartphones.
To avoid obstacles, swipe the touchscreen left or right to move in that direction. Swipe up to jump. There are upgrades that enhance the character’s abilities. This includes flying through the air and smashing through obstacles.
What’s good about this game? The upgrades are cool and impressive.
What’s wrong with this game? The cop blocks the view of the surfer.
Spartan Runner (Google Play Store)
Graphics: 2/5 Gameplay: 1/5 Replayability: 2/5 Music/Sound: 4/5
Overall Score: 9/20
This is a side-scrolling game filled with enemies and obstacles. Avoid falling into gaps while destroying robots. You are armed with a rifle, but there are other weapons available in each level. This game has good music, but the footsteps of the character are too loud. Adjust the sound effects in the settings menu to optimize the gaming experience.
To play the game, tap the up arrow to jump on top of enemies and over gaps. Tap or hold the gun arrow to fire the weapon. Some weapons are automatic and fire rapidly. The goal is to run as far as you can before dying.
What’s good about this game? There are weapons and energy throughout the level.
What’s wrong with this game? After each run, there’s an annoying remark by the AI.
Galaxy Attack Alien Shooter (Google Play Store)
Graphics: 4/5 Gameplay: 4/5 Replayability: 3/5 Music/Sound: 3/5
Overall Score: 14/20
This game takes place in space. It is vertically oriented. The goal is to destroy all the spaceships on the screen. The enemy fires missiles and moves side to side. Collect any items that are floating through space after the spaceships explode. There could be new, powerful weapons. There are three rounds in the campaign mode. There’s a multiplayer mode as well.
The best way to play this game is by destroying one side of the enemy fleet. Stay on that side to avoid getting shot. Drag the spaceship left/right, up/down, and in circles from any spot on the screen (drag control setting).
What’s good about this game? It has vivid colors and well-designed spaceships.
What’s wrong with this game? It requires the player to defeat several levels before being allowed to access the higher modes.
List of Features:
Super Subway Surf Run 2018
- Vertical-scrolling action
- Touchscreen controls
- Pause button
- High score displayed after each run
- Facebook Log-in
- Daily video
- Multiple characters and surf boards
- Sound on/off option
- Store – Single Use Items (hoverboards, mystery boxes, and headstarts) and Upgrades (Jetpack, super sneakers, coin magnet, 2x multiplier)
- Side-scrolling action
- Touch buttons – jump (up arrow icon) and fire (gun icon)
- Pause button
- Energy bar
- Distance counter
- Items – jetpack, guns, etc.
- Barracks – Player Stats; Customization (armor color, visor color, helmet); Store (power ups, upgrades, helmets); Commendations
- Settings (Language, Music, Sound Effects, Cloud Backup
Galaxy Attack Alien Shooter
- Single Player Mode (Campaign; Endless; Boss) or Multiplayer Mode (Quick Play; Create Room; Join Room; PvP ranking; 1v1; 1v3)
- Touch Controls (press spaceship) or Drag Controls (press anywhere on screen)
- Pause button
- Music and sound options
- Collectible items
- Multi-spread weapons
- Continue after dying (watch video or purchase life)
- Purchase crystals
- Upgrades (spaceship skins, level, and power)
- Leaderboard (United States and Global)
- Daily Quests
- Invite friends
- Facebook fanpage
- Daily gift
- Gift code
- Win items by playing spin-the-wheel
- Language options
- Save data option