Use the smartphone’s tilt-axis functionality more often by playing a car racing game. Unfortunately, not all racing games play well with this interface. Touchscreen accelerator and brake pedals are more effective. Check out the following game reviews for more insights.
Real Racing 3 (Google Play)
Graphics: 4/5 Gameplay: 3/5 Replayability: 3/5 Enjoyability: 4/5
Overall Score: 14/20
This is a circuit racing game. It begins with racing school, which involves completing several laps around a track and modifying a race car. After graduating, compete in the Pure Stock Challenge. After finishing a race, view it with the replay option. The track camera perspective is the best.
The touchscreen interface is easy to use and responsive. You can add tilt-axis control to steer. This involves tilting the smartphone side-to-side. If you race well, you might meet the requirements for achievements. Try to obtain all the achievements.
What’s good about this game? It contains a replay option that records and replays the race perfectly. You can fast-forward, rewind, take screenshots, and change the camera’s point of view.
What’s wrong with this game? The laps are too short, and the wait times for car delivery is too long. Also, the menu screens are confusing.
Asphalt 8: Airborne (Google Play)
Graphics: 4/5 Gameplay: 3/5 Replayability: 4/5 Enjoyability: 3/5
Overall Score: 14/20
This is a car racing game without rules.You can do barrel rolls in tunnels, drive through buildings, jump ramps, go off-road, and crash into other cars. The best control scheme is auto-accelerate with tap steering. Tap the left or right side of the screen to steer in that direction. Tap the brake pedal to slow down. The best camera perspective is immersive view.
What’s good about this game? The first-person perspective of immersive view provides awesome car racing action on the ground and in the air.
What’s wrong with this game? While racing, the accelerator and brake pedal may be confused for the left and right steering control. This may cause you to lose your place in the race.
Gear.Club – True Racing (Google Play)
Graphics: 5/5 Gameplay: 5/5 Replayability: 4/5 Enjoyability: 4/5
Overall Score: 18/20
This racing game contains realistic cars and easy controls. Use the automatic acceleration option, along with on-screen arrows for steering; it’s the easiest control scheme. There’s a map with all the courses, and after each race, you can repair the car in a garage. Unlike other games, this game allows you to test drive cars. You won’t have to wait to drive expensive cars; go to a dealership and use the test drive option.
What’s good about this game? There’s a rewind button that lets you re-race the previous section of the race. This is useful when you crash or don’t turn properly.
What’s wrong with this game? Nothing. This game is perfect.
List of Features:
Real Racing 3
- Several unlockable modes – Online Multiplayer; Weekly Time Trials; Flashback Events; Race Teams; Career (Amature, NASCAR, PRO AM, PRO, EXPERT, MASTER, ELITE, LEGEND, EXCLUSIVE)
- Friend Invitations – Facebook, Google+, Sina Weibo
- Upgradeable car parts
- Service station
- Car customization – paint, vinyls, rims, ride height
- Several options for steering, acceleration, and braking: On-screen Pedals; Tilt-axis Steering; Automatic Acceleration; Brake Assist; Traction Control; Steering Assist
- Several camera perspectives: Road Surface 1st person; On-the-Hood 1st person; In-the-Cabin 1st person (steering wheel with hands and car interior); Behind-the-Car 3rd person
- Rear view mirror button
- Pause button
- Replay feature
- Screenshots – share through social media
Asphalt 8: Airborne
- Several game modes: Tutorial, Daily Tasks, Career, Quick Solo Race, Mastery, Local WiFi, Multiplayer, Asphalt Tracker, Limited time events, Special events, Moto Blitz Seasons
- Lots of racing locations: London, Tokyo, French Guiana, Barcelona, Alps, and Great Wall of China
- Boosts: Credits, Tuning Kit, Nitro Starter, and Extra Tank
- High-end cars: McLaren 650S GT3, Arrinera Hussarya GT, Lotus Evora Sport 410, Lamborghini Veneno, DS Survolt
- Great music
- Garage – Tuning, Coloring, Car Packs
- Auto-restart after crashes
- Multiple camera perspectives – Fixed (close to the car), Action (far behind the car), Immersive (1st person – road surface view), Close (similar to Fixed)
- On-screen map
- Pause button
Gear.Club – True Racing
- Garage – Tires, Paint, Lockers, Rally, Body, Service, Wind Tunnel, Cosmetic, & Mechanical
- List of missions to complete
- Facebook friends invitation
- 3 control schemes – Tilt motion for steering, On-screen arrows for steering, and Manual acceleration
- Driver assist options – Braking, Anti-skid, and Steering
- Optional racing line
- Optional display names
- Optional power saving
- KPH or MPH speedometer
- Adjustable music, sound, and UI volume
- Country flags available to display on profile
- Store to purchase gold, tickets, and rewinds
- Multiplayer Leagues
- Car Dealerships – view cars and test drive
- Flash Events – Race on tracks from around the world
- Rally Mode
- New Environments – Unlock desert tracks
- Rewind button to re-race previous section of track
- Rear view mirror
- 3 camera perspectives – behind-the-car 1, behind-the-car 2 (further back), and on-the-hood
- Pause button
- On-screen track map