A lot of cool new games have been coming out. I simply cannot keep up with them all. In this post, I am going to list some that look cool.
Bumper Jumper (iOS)
From the developer: Bumper Jumper is an iPhone and iPad arcade game that involves bouncing aliens as high as you can through space. Yes, it’s another vertical scroller, but the unique gameplay sets it apart from the rest; simply tap to create bumpers that juggle you up and up. Power ups will be placed along the way to help you reach great heights, but watch out for planets that may bump you in the wrong direction.
I have covered this game before but it just got a big update. In the year 1849, eager prospectors descended on California armed with pickaxes and high hopes to mine gold from the state’s rich veins. Nevada’s silver rush followed a decade later, but by 1865 the mines were depleted and the west’s fragile new economy teetered on the verge of collapse.
The new content:
- 1849 base game: Transform Northern California from a rugged backwater into an economic powerhouse: build mines, establish farms, attract workers and keep up with their ever-increasing needs, set up trade networks from the High Sierras to San Francisco and beyond. Includes 20 increasingly challenging levels set in existing California towns.
- 1849: Nevada Silver expansion pack: The simulation moves into neighboring Nevada with 6 scenarios set during the Comstock Silver Rush. With trains moving goods between distant cities, steam-powered mills boosting production, and more complex mining processes yielding deeply hidden riches, the Nevada Silver expansion brings more challenge and complexity to 1849’s base gameplay.
- Epilogue: By 1865, the veins were exhausted and forty-niners had moved on, leaving behind polluted rivers and unemployed workers. In 2 final scenarios, take the reins in Oakland and Nevada City to rebuild their wealth-depleted economies in the post-Gold Rush era.
From the developer: You can play countless mazes stocked with fun features, dangerous obstacles and deadly surprises. Encounter classics like the giant rolling boulder, the hidden pit and the spike trap all the way through to sci-fi gizmos like the airlock and the sentry turret.
Design and build your own mazes and invite your friends to try them out. Collect gold from their visits and use it to build bigger, better mazes.
- Build mazes filled with dozens of items, traps and creatures
- Share your creations with the world
- Watch replays of your friends trying to solve your mazes
- Level up and unlock new costumes
The goal of the game is to collect three 2-euro coins from small change. You have to combine 2 to 5 coins to get a coin of bigger face value. When you get a 2-euro coin it disappears from the game field. You can break it into smaller value coins again if you need it to keep playing. The difficulty of the game increases as the player goes through the levels.
Start with a small dingy, while using 2 rods simultaneously, and work your way up to 4 rods simultaneously while using professional fishing vessel in the open ocean. You can choose from 16 different locations, 20 different baits/lures, 18 rods and 10 reels, for the fisherman in you.