I have tried quite a few calendar apps and some I like and some I do not. There are plenty out there and finding one that does everything that I want it to do has been difficult. For the last few days I have been trying out Day by Day Organizer from Appiens.com and I really like it.
Very simply Day by Day Organizer is an Android app (both phone and tablet) that will help you manage and organize your Google Calendar and Tasks. When you first start it, there is brief tutorial, just showing you where everything is located in the app. Overall the app is very intuitive so you should not have any problems finding your way around.
Once you link the app to your Google calendar, it is time to get “organized”. So what do I like about this app?
1. Views– the app has five different views you can choose from, Agenda to Month
2. Settings Options – you can choose between 3 themes, determine first day of the week, turn on/off auto sync, determine which calendars to show, set reminders, and a few more things.
3. Layout – it is very clean and minimal. The menu bar is simple and to the point
4. Widgets -it has a few options, both in size and views. From the widget you can go directly to the app, add a new event, and sync. Definitely like the widgets.
5. Web interface– the app also has a Chrome plugin, you can use that will allow you to quickly add events to the calendar and app.
6. Support – if you head over to the developer’s website, there is tons of information about the app, FAQs, and a change log. They have been very active in keep the app up to date and working with users.
What else can I say about a calendar app? Day by Day Organizer connected and synced with my Google Calendar no problem. I did not have troubles using it, finding options, and adding events. This has been one of the few calendar apps that I have used for more than one day. The overall layout looks good on both phone and tablets. The only negative is that I wish there were more color (theme options).
There is a free and pro version of the app. The free version has a small banner ad at the bottom of the screen. The pro version has no ads and a few more features related to tasks and profiles. So if you are looking for a versatile calendar app with lots of features, give Day by Day Organizer a try.
App Details: Day by Day Organizer
Cost: Free /Pro