As we start a new year, it is a great time to get your money/budget organized. This is definitely easier said then done. With the advent of mobile devices, I think it is a lot easier to keep track of your money; you have to make it a priority to do so.
3asy Money from NYQuist INDustriesis a nicely done budget app for the iPhone that can help you keep track of finances. The app does work on the iPad but is only in portrait mode.
When you first open the app it is broken into 5 sections:
- Spend – keep track of purchases and expenses
- Take In – keep track of your income
- View – you can view account information, pay bills, view your budget and setup the app
- Tip Calculator – no explanation needed
- Quick Scan – you can use your camera to scan in receipts for reference
The app is very straight forward to use and each section really does not need a lot of explaination, except the View Section. This is a the heart of the app but you really would not know that the way the developer setup the sections. Personally I would have make this it top or main section you first see. In the view section you can:
- Setup a budget with custom categories
- Backup your info to iCloud
- View buget summaries
- View income/expenses/bill lists
- View YTD (year to date) breakdown
- Sync with your bank
That is a done of stuff you can do! 3asy Money is one of the more featured rich expense or budget apps I have seen. I am very impressed with these features and think this would be a great app for college students who are always on the go but need to keep an eye on their money. Again you need to put some time into setting up the app and then actually adding your daily expenses and income. The more you understand where your money is going, the better off you will be.
If you are looking for an app to help you, 3asy Money is a wise investment.