Attention all baseball fans, iOOTP (Out of the Park Developments) Baseball 2014 is out for iOS. If you enjoy baseball and mobile gaming, then this game is for you. I have reviewed previous copies of this game; they were excellent and the 2104 edition is excellent.
The key updates for the 2014
- Real Opening Day 2014 rosters. Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system available today.
- Players can edit everything from names and biographical information to hitting, fielding, and pitching ratings.
- Improved AI
- Retina display support
- iOS 7 support (iOS 4.3 is the minimum required)
iOOTP Baseball 2014 is a fun game for those that enjoy dealing with all aspects of a baseball team. The game has 3 main sections:
- Major League: where you can play with the 2014 MLB teams
- Fictional: a customizable world full of fictional players
- Historical: Three exciting past seasons to recreate — 1919, 1939, and 2012. You can purchase more via in-app purchases.
In the past I have played the game on my iTouch, this year I played on my iPad mini and it looks fantastic! The larger screen makes the game even better. I really like the layout and menu on the bigger screen. The game gives you TOTAL control over every aspect of the game. You can get as technical as you want. Want to see how you would do with the 1986 Mets? Can do it. Want to see how you would do in a fictional division? Can do it. As manager you can set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts before taking the field, make in-game calls,(such as hit-and-run and steal signs) , configure the defense, and more.
I really love this game, I just wish I had more time to play!