App name: Tootooni! for Toddlers & Kids
Market: Google Play Store
Price: $4.00 USD
As I started to review Tootooni, the kid friendly melody attracted my 2 year old to my Nexus 5. She smiled and seemed eager to engage the app. When we pressed start, we were greeted with 15 different squares each with its own fun activity. My daughter selected the water pain square and began to play. She was able to color in the train figure by swiping her finger across the screen. It was a simple yet fun activity for her. The other modes are as follows:
- Tracks: In this game mode the player must lay down tracks for different vehicles such as trains, airplanes and police cars. The sounds of the vehicles are really engaging and I found my daughter laying down tracks faster as more vehicles approached.
- Blocks: In this game mode the young player has the ability to build up whatever they please with multiple types of blocks. It’s similar to Tetris without the blocks being color coded etc. This mode is pretty open-ended and allows the child to use his/her imagination.
- Match Pairs: This mode lets players match various different items including police cars and airplanes.
- Dots: Dots mode lets the player connect dots to make some nice designs including a helicopter.
- Music: In this mode the player clicks on various vehicles which produce the sound of each.
- Puzzle: This game allows the player to solve a puzzle by connecting squares.
- Scratch: This mode is similar to the water paint mode in which a player uses their finger to swipe across the screen; the difference is that by doing this in scratch a photo is revealed.
- Finger Paint: The player selects from various colors and paints a drawing using their finger; this game mode is very entertaining.
- Blackboard: This mode allows the child to draw on a virtual chalkboard.
- Maze: The player is able to drive a vehicle around on a maze until the y reach the end.
- Math: This allows the child to perform various mathematical operations such as counting the amount of figures on screen.
The last 3 mode are My Scratch, My Puzzle, and My Water Paint. These are copies of the original squares however these special modes allow you to use a custom photo which is very rewarding and exciting for the child.
Toontoni is a very fun and educational app for children of all ages. It is well worth the $4.00 USD as you are getting multiple activities which should give your child hours of fun and learning. If my daughter enjoyed the game, then I bet your kids will love it too. Finding good apps for our kids is important and Tootooni! for Toddlers & Kids fits is one to consider.