Image representing iPad as depicted in CrunchBase

If new reports are to be believed, the much hyped iPad Mini is already in the works. The report came out in the Japanese blog Macotakara, which gave reference to a Brazilian company partnering with FoxConn Technologies, Apple’s principal manufacturer of its iPhone and iPad.

Apple is believed to be dividing work between two manufacturers namely Foxconn and Pegatron. A report that came out in the Taiwanese paper Economic Daily News revealed that Pegatron has reached a deal to produce 50 to 60 percent of production orders with Foxconn producing the remaining 40 percent. So far, the latter is the sole iPad assembler contracted by Apple. Between the two firms, up to 5 million iPad Minis would be produced on a monthly basis.

MacRumors reveal that Foxconn is deep in negotiations with the Brazilian government for more tax breaks so they can recruit a larger workforce there.

Rumors of a mini iPad has been brewing for months already. The device will reportedly have a 7.85-inch screen to make it more competitive with Amazon’s Kindle Fire and the Google Nexus 7. The price of the tablet, originally believed to be in the $200 to $250 range, will be around $350 as its new iPod Touch would cost $299.

Fortune revealed that invites to the media would be sent out October 10 for an event scheduled the following week. The rumor puts the launch date of the mini iPad on November 2. If plan pushes through, preorders for the new tablet would commence October 19, Friday.

Leaked reports of the iPad Mini reveal that its 7.85-inch screen will be much taller and slightly wider than the Google Nexus 7. It will have a smaller dock at the bottom of the tablet and is said to be eliminating the 30-pin connector in favor of a much smaller 19-pin connecting dock for charging the device. Another change in the iPad Mini will be the location of the headphone jack above the tablet.

About the Author:  Melvin Magadia is a content writer for a company selling promo code and bags. He is a gadgets freak and spends his spare time with his family and in surfing the Internet and watching television.